Saturday, August 12, 2017

August 11 Watercolor Fest with Grace

Grace and I had our second Watercolor Fest yesterday.
She treated me to lunch at Portillo's. Later we had a blast playing with watercolors.
She created this gift tag for a watercolor gift set she's giving to a friend.

Grace gave me this 18 pan set of Superior brand watercolors.
We had fun trying them out.

Grace made this lovely landscape with the Superior watercolors. I love the fence in it!

Grace also painted this scene. Aren't the colors dreamy!
I think Grace added some accent lines with a Sakura black marker in both paintings.

I made this lady sketching it first with pencil, then used watercolors. 
When dry, added accent lines with a Faber-Castell PITT black fine marker pen.

Was inspired to make these flowers after seeing this PIN
which goes to this  YouTube
After painting, I splattered paint with the paintbrust
and added accent lines with the Pitt marker.
Also added white accents with the Jane Davenport white paint pen.

I'm not good at adding the accent lines. 
Added white with the Jane Davenport white paint pen here also.

Grace and I were inspired by images found online via google searches and Pinterest.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Looks like a great day! I love your watercolor flowers, and your face painting is great! I have been taking classes, but not at a level where I could draw a face!

Anonymous said...

Pretty flowers. Stunning lady painting.

Diane Bouse said...

Love all of these. Talent seems to run in your family.